The Outdoor Microphones M2230-WP and M4261-WP offer a weather-protected measurement solution for the XL2 Sound Level Meter allowing acquisition of environmental noise data in outdoor applications. The corrosion-free polymer housing, wind screen, water-repellent membrane and bird spike provide excellent protection from rain, wind, dust and perching birds.
- Class 1 Outdoor Measurement Microphone M2230-WP for vertical and horizontal sound incidence
- Type-approved by PTB Germany, Metas Switzerland and BEV Austria
- Excellent protection from rain and dust (IP54), wind and perching birds
- Built from corrosion-free materials
- Removable top section for easy microphone calibration
- Standard 3/8” tripod mount
- Optional sturdy outdoor carrying case available
Class 1 Microphone
The Outdoor Measurement Microphone M2230-WP fulfills the Class 1 requirements according to IEC 61672 and ANSI S1.4 for vertical sound incidence. For compliance with horizontal sound incidence a spectral correction is employed in the associated XL2 Sound Level Meter.
Effective outdoor protection
The 90 mm wind screen protects the M2230 measurement microphone from rain and dust while reducing wind-induced noise by approximately 15 dB. The seamless design of the water-repellent membrane under the wind screen ensures perfect protection from rain and dust.
Robust design / Easy calibration
The upper section of the weather protection is Snap-On mounted and can thus be easily removed by hand for convenient calibration of the measurement microphone.