The M2230-WP is a weather-protected outdoor microphone for the XL2 Sound Level Meter. It facilitates acquisition of data in outdoor environmental noise monitoring applications. The corrosion-free polymer housing, wind screen, water-repellent membrane and bird spike provide excellent protection from rain, wind, dust and perching birds. The M2230-WP consists of an M2230 microphone fitted into a WP30 weather protection kit.
- IEC 61672 Class 1 and ANSI S1.4 Type 1 compliant for vertical and horizontal sound incidence
- Excellent protection from rain and dust (IP54), wind and perching birds
- Built from corrosion-free materials
- Removable top section for easy microphone calibration
- Standard 3/8” tripod mount
- Optional sturdy outdoor carrying case available
Class 1 Microphone
The outdoor microphone M2230-WP fulfills IEC 61672 Class 1 as well as the ANSI S1.4 Type 1 requirements for vertical sound incidence. For compliance with horizontal sound incidence a spectral correction is employed in the associated XL2 Sound Level Meter.
Effective outdoor protection
The 90 mm wind screen protects the M2230 measurement microphone from rain and dust while reducing wind-induced noise by approximately 15 dB. The seamless design of the water-repellent membrane under the wind screen ensures perfect protection from rain and dust.
Robust design / Easy calibration
The upper section of the weather protection kit is snap-on mounted and can thus be easily removed by hand for convenient and quick calibration of the measurement microphone.