The M2230-WP is a certified weather-protected outdoor microphone for the XL2 Sound Level Meter. It facilitates acquisition of data in outdoor environmental noise monitoring applications. The corrosion-free polymer housing, wind screen, water-repellent membrane and bird spike provide excellent protection from rain, wind, dust and perching birds. The M2230-WP consists of an M2230 microphone fitted into a WP30 weather protection kit.
- IEC 61672 Class 1 and ANSI S1.4 Type 1 compliant for vertical and horizontal sound incidence with XL2 Sound Level Meter
- Type-approved by PTB Germany and Metas Switzerland
- Excellent protection from rain and dust (IP54), wind and perching birds
- Built from corrosion-free materials
- Removable top section for easy microphone calibration
- Standard 3/8” tripod mount
- Optional sturdy outdoor carrying case available
Class 1 Microphone
The outdoor microphone M2230-WP fulfills in combination with the XL2 Sound Level Meter the IEC 61672 Class 1 as well as the ANSI S1.4 Type 1 requirements for vertical sound incidence. For compliance with horizontal sound incidence a spectral correction is employed.
Effective outdoor protection
The 90 mm wind screen protects the M2230 measurement microphone from rain and dust while reducing wind-induced noise by approximately 15 dB. The seamless design of the water-repellent membrane under the wind screen ensures perfect protection from rain and dust.
Robust design / Easy calibration
The upper section of the weather protection kit is snap-on mounted and can thus be easily removed by hand for convenient and quick calibration of the measurement microphone.