The impedance test supports the verification of distributed loudspeaker installations and shows detailed information of the connected load. The test result shows if the connected speaker system is in good order as well as the required amplifier power ratio. The power is automatically calculated by the measured impedance for 25 V, 35 V, 50 V, 70.7 V, 100 V, 140 V, 200 V systems.
Impedance and Phase
Apparent Power and Phase
Detecting Installation Problems
The Minirator MR-PRO helps to detect problems, such as
- Speakers not connected
- Speakers wrongly connected
- Connection to wrong transformer taping, e.g. 1 W instead of 2 W
- Short circuits
- Other external products, such as fire alarm devices connected
- Bad connection cable
Advantage of MR-PRO Measurement Technology
Vibration and environment noise within the area of the speaker commonly effects the speaker impedance measurement results of other test instruments. The MR-PRO impedance measurement includes technology for achieving stable readings within noisy environments.
- Disconnect the 100 V amplifier from the distributed speaker system prior to any measurements.
- The typical test frequency is 1 kHz.