The Outdoor Measurement Microphones offer a weather-protected measurement solution for the XL2 Sound Level Meter allowing acquisition of environmental noise data in outdoor applications. The corrosion-free polymer housing, wind screen, waterrepellent membrane and bird spike provide excellent protection from rain, wind, dust and perching birds.
The Outdoor Measurement Microphones M2230-WP and M2340-WP fulfill the Class 1 requirements according to IEC 61672 and ANSI S1.4 for vertical sound incidence. For compliance with horizontal sound incidence a spectral correction is employed in the associated XL2 Sound Level Meter. The Outdoor Measurement Microphone M4261-WP fulfills the Class 2 requirements accordingly.
The outdoor microphones consist of a measurement microphone and the applicable weather protection:
- M2230-WP: M2230 + WP30 Weather Protection
- M2340-WP: M2340 + WP30 Weather Protection
- M4261-WP: M4261 + WP61 Weather Protection
- Class 1 and Class 2 Outdoor Measurement Microphones for vertical and horizontal sound incidence according IEC 61672 and ANSI S1.4 (with XL2)
- Excellent protection from rain and dust (IP54), wind and perching birds
- Built from corrosion-free materials
- Removable top section for easy microphone calibration
- Standard tripod mount, optional pole mount
Effective outdoor protection
The 90 mm wind screen protects the measurement microphone from rain and dust while reducing wind-induced noise by approximately 15 dB. The seamless design of the water-repellent membrane under the wind screen ensures perfect protection from rain and dust.
The Outdoor Measurement Microphone M2340-WP is system self-test (CIC) enabled. Automated self-tests may be performed by NoiseScout, the unattended noise monitoring solution, in combination with the XL2 Sound Level Meter. This ensures reliable operation and precise measurements.
Robust design / Easy calibration
The upper section of the weather protection is snap-on mounted and can thus be easily removed by hand for manual calibration of the measurement microphone.